Foreclosure is scary- we can help. Whether you were just served with the foreclosure notice, fell behind on your mortgage payments, or were notified that your house is up for sale, don’t delay contact us today.
You have options!
- Short Sell
- Loan Modification
- Deed in lieu
Don’t lose your home by inaction!
When you miss a payment your loan goes into default. Your lender can accelerate your loan, increasing the money you owe. If you choose to reinstate the loan you will be paying all past due amounts, interest, escrow, fees and costs. If you do nothing, the lender can file for foreclosure.
Once you are served you have a limited amount of time to appear or hire an attorney. If you don’t appear, the court may enter a default judgment against you. After the redemption period ends, your property can be sold at auction.
If your property is sold for less than what is owed, which includes all costs, interest and fees, the lender can seek a deficiency judgment against you for the remaining balance.
In addition to losing your home, you could face a deficiency judgment and a negative credit impact.
Don’t fight alone! There are defenses to foreclosure that must be raised properly:
- You don’t owe money to the mortgage company bringing the foreclosure action
- The mortgage company did not send notice you were in default
- You made payments which are not reflected in the records
- The mortgage company violated a federal or state law
- The mortgage company breached the contract or convent of good faith and fair dealing
- The mortgage company engaged in fraud or predatory lending
www.diazcase.com | 773.579.0140 | 7100 16th Street Berwyn IL 60402